- 4 years U.S. Navy, Pacific Theater.
- Husband to Eileen and father to Jacqueline
- Hunting for over 50 years. Into archery for 72 years (counting making bows as a 10 year old boy).
- Emery and his wife Eileen own “Eryleen Archery Pro Shop” located in Burlington, Massachusetts, 30 years. Feature in-shop sales of Mathews bows, Oneida bows, others.
- Arrows and accessories.
- Free installation and adjusting of accessories, tuning arrow flight, and shooting instruction with each new bow.
- Several memorabilia items on Ebay (no items at this time).
- DOCTOR YOUR OWN COMPOUND BOW, 1976
- SENSABOUT BOW TUNING, 1971
- BOW & ARROW HUNTING Magazine, 37 years “Tackle Tips” column, Bow Reports, Features.
- ARROW TRADE Magazine, in-depth Bow Reports.
- EASTERN BOWHUNTING, authored column
- GOAL The MESSAGE, authored column
- NFAA Certified Archery Instructor
- TWAC (The World Archery Center), Lecturer and Staff member until closing in 1992.
- Designed and produced “Eryleen Pincer Release” when only one organization, NFAA, allowed release aids, and it had to be a one-piece device.
- Designed and built “Emery’s Monster Bow” shown on cover of BOW & ARROW Magazine (August 1975), and DOCTOR YOUR OWN COMPOUND BOW 1976. Several ideas were picked up from this bow by bow manufacturers over the years.
- Designed and built “Compound Crossbow” that probably planted the seed (see how-to article in BOW & ARROW Magazine April 1979). First commercial models were produced by 8 manufacturers three years later.