- 4 years U.S. Navy, Pacific
to Eileen and father to Jacqueline
- Hunting for
over 50 years. Into archery for 72 years (counting making bows
as a 10 year old boy).
- Emery and his wife Eileen own "Eryleen Archery Pro Shop" located
in Burlington, Massachusetts, 30 years. Feature in-shop
sales of Mathews bows, Oneida bows, others.
- Arrows and accessories.
- Free installation and adjusting of accessories, tuning arrow flight, and shooting instruction with each new bow.
- Several memorabilia
items on Ebay (no
items at this time).
- DOCTOR YOUR OWN COMPOUND
- SENSABOUT BOW TUNING, 1971
- BOW & ARROW HUNTING Magazine, 37 years "Tackle Tips" column,
Bow Reports, Features.
- ARROW TRADE Magazine, in-depth Bow Reports.
- EASTERN BOWHUNTING, authored column
- GOAL The MESSAGE, authored column
- NFAA Certified Archery
- TWAC (The World Archery Center),
Lecturer and Staff member until closing in 1992.
- Designed and produced "Eryleen Pincer Release" when
only one organization, NFAA, allowed release aids, and
it had to be a one-piece device.
and built "Emerys Monster Bow" shown
on cover of BOW & ARROW Magazine (August 1975), and DOCTOR
YOUR OWN COMPOUND BOW 1976. Several ideas were picked
up from this bow by bow manufacturers
over the years.
and built "Compound Crossbow" that probably planted the
seed (see how-to article in BOW & ARROW Magazine April 1979). First
commercial models were produced by 8 manufacturers three